TheatreCHS Newsletter 9/16-9/20
Dear Parents, Students, and Friends,
Fall is feeling quite underway this weekend, and we are rapidly getting busy with any number of projects in the theater department. Last week, we had our first Forensics meeting, first reading of the Winter Play, Eurydice, continued to press on with our One Act Play, Women and War, and students, Daniel Neale and Emma Lather have been choreographing the opening number of our Musical Theater Ensemble production of Pippin.
This email is your weekly update regarding rehearsals, classwork, updates, etc. If you would like to sign up for automatic emails from this blog, simply add your email to the website.
Women and War (See Rehearsal Calendar for extended dates/rehearsals)
$60.00 due Monday, Sep 16th
Code of Conduct Sheets must also be signed and turned in Monday, Sep 16th.
We are still looking for some people who might like to Chaperone either the VTA trip (Oct 24-27) and/or VHSL One-Act Conference Saturday Oct. 19
Please let me know if you might be interested in assisting with these exciting events.
For mor information about the VHSL One-Act conference, feel free to visit the website:
Since there have been some issues getting all the correct information about the VHSL conference to you, I wanted to take this time to apologize for any confusion or challenges that this date
All actors are expected to be present at this performance as it is the same performance that will be done for VTA. (There will not be two casts for separate events)
Meets TUESDAY 3:45-4:30
Our team captain this year is Jemma Fendley– Way to go, Jemma!
Eurydice (See Rehearsal Calendarr for extended dates/rehearsals)As always, check the website for more specific information regarding rehearsals, performances, etc. www.theatreCHS.org
- Forensics Meeting Tues Sep. 17th 3:45 pm
- Tech Day Tues Sep 17 @ 3:45 PM
- SOCIAL DANCING CLASS Tuesday Sep 17th @ 3:45 PM
- PTO Theatre Presentation Thurs Sep 19 @ 6:00 PM
- SATURDAY BUILD DAY— THIS SATURDAY, SEP 21 @ 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM (food provided! INTRO AND TECH STUDENTS and PARENTS INVITED TO ATTEND!
- Next Parent Booster Meeting Sep, 26th 6:00 PM (Also Parent Meeting for VTA Trip)
- Piedmont Council for the Arts Celebration of “Rising Stars“ Join us on October 4th @ 5:00 PM to celebrate @ citySpace!
- Special Congratulations to Danny Wagner for being selected as the Charlottesville High School Rising Star! http://e2.ma/message/68q8d/
qsrtkg for more info
- Women and War “In House Performance” Oct 18, 7:00 PM Black Box or MLK PAC
- One-Act VHSL Competition Women and War UPDATED: OCTOBER 19 Harrisonburg High School (ALL DAY)
- VTA Women and War Oct 24-27 — All Cast and Crew will be going on trip! (Trip info including price, accommodations will be discussed during parents meeting Sep 26th in addition to sent home by letter and available on dropbox)
- November 18-22 Sweeney Todd Auditions ( MLK PAC ) MORE INFO COMING
- Eurydice Performance Black Box Theater, December 13th and December 14th @7:00 PM
- Pippin Musical Theater Ensemble production in MLK PAC December 19-21 @ 7:00 PM
- Shakespeare Auditions (English Speaking Union Competition) Auditions Jan 5th (Black Friars Competition, Feb 7th 4:30 PM) More info: http://www.esuus.org/
See below for in-class info!
CLASSES THIS WEEK
Build the One-Act set! Students have shared their ideas and done an outstanding job collaborating as well as building/designing structures for the One-Act play, Women and War.This week, we will be working on integration of sound and video projections into the discussion of the sets, and also discussing theater safety and management. We will spend a good amount of time discussing MLK PAC space and crew management.
In tech II students will divide up according to project involvements. (all students are required to assist with either Women and War or Eurydice. Props are being built for the One-Act, Final Designs for Eurydice will be shared this week.
Poster designs will need to be submitted for Women and War.
Information about rehearsals can be found on the website, and additional materials are now also available on dropbox. Thanks for your patience with the music/scripts. More have now been made, and are available to actors/crew/techies. This week we will be working intensely on the opening number, Please bring clothes you can move in tomorrow–MONDAY)
Intro to Drama
Students will continue movement unit. Great trust walk activity work! This week we get more into feelings and emotions on stage!
Students have done a great job uploading video projects to iMovie. Students will now concentrate on editing and developing more specific concepts for their projects which are due on Sep 13! Students will start next video projects ideas! This was the first Vid project assignment. Good work!! We will also start our first UNIT on Greek Theater this week! We are going to start putting together a “NO SHAME NIGHT” — MORE INFO COMING SOON
Have a great week!