TheatreCHS Newsletter 9/9-9/13
Dear Parents, Students, and Friends,
Hope you have enjoyed your weekend, and are ready for another exciting and BUSY week of theaterCHS!
This email is your weekly update regarding rehearsals, classwork, updates, etc. If you would like to sign up for automatic emails from this blog, simply add your email to the website.
Women and War (See Rehearsal Calendar for extended dates/rehearsals)
Rehearsal Agenda: 9/9 MONDAY ALL CALLED— CREW and CAST
Parents of students involved in VTA/VHSL will find “PARENT LETTER”, “CONFERENCE GUIDE” AND “CODE OF CONDUCT SHEET” These sheets should all be available to you on dropbox (They are also attached to this email)
- Crew/Cast ROOMING will NOT be official until registration payment is received of $60.00 by Monday, Sep 16th
- Code of Conduct Sheets must also be signed by Sep 16th.
4:30 COSTUME MEASUREMENTS BEGIN.
4:30 Rehearsal Blocking begins. —- 6:00 PM
****Costuming help is GREATLY appreciated with this show*****
IN SEARCH OF MILITARY CLOTHING!
Parents, places to visit in town:
· Possessions Recycled
· Ike’s Underground
Does anyone have old Army Military materials? We are in search of old bags, rucksacks, etc.
Would you like to Chaperone ?
Email me to let me know: David.Becker@charlottesvilleschools.org
First Forensics Meeting (See Rehearsal Calendar for extended dates/rehearsals)
· Rehearsal Agenda: Tues Sep. 10th 3:45–4:30
· Talk about Original Oratory, Original Extemp, Dramatic Interp, etc. (the categories of competition)
Eurydice (See Rehearsal Calendar for extended dates/rehearsals)
Rehearsal Agenda: 9/10 4:30 Tuesday ALL CALLED— CAST ONLY
Read Thru of script!!
Other Save the Dates:
· First Forensics Meeting Tues Sep. 10th 3:45
· Eurydice first readthru Tues Sep. 10th 4:30-6:00
· Tech Day Tues Sep 10th @ 3:45
· Next Parent Booster Meeting Sep, 26th 6:00 PM
· Women and War “In House Performance” Oct 18-19, 7:00 PM Black Box
· **** One-Act VHSL Competition UPDATED: OCTOBER 19 Harrisonburg High School (ALL DAY)
· VTA (Women and War) Oct 24-27 — All Cast and Crew will be going on trip! (Trip info including price, accommodations will be discussed during parents meeting Sep 26th in addition to sent home by letter and available on dropbox)
See below for in-class info!
CLASSES THIS WEEK
Build the One-Act set! Students have shared their ideas and done an outstanding job collaborating as well as building/designing structures for the One-Act play, Women and War. This week, we will be working on integration of sound and video projections into the discussion of the set.
In tech II students will divide up according to project involvements. (all students are required to assist with either Women and War or Eurydice.
Information about rehearsals can be found on the website, and additional materials are now also available on dropbox. Thanks for your patience with the music/scripts. More have now been made, and are available to actors/crew/techies. This week we will be working intensely on the opening number, Please bring clothes you can move in tomorrow–MONDAY)
Intro to Drama
Students will continue movement unit. Great work on silly walks!!! Discuss mime by introducing games such as “human machine”, ”Family Photo” trust walks will happen as well. Please remember to bring socks, and balloons! Balloon mask projects begin on Monday!
Students have done a great job uploading video projects to iMovie. Students will now concentrate on editing and developing more specific concepts for their projects which are due on Sep 13! New!!!! We are going to start putting together a “NO SHAME NIGHT” — MORE INFO COMING SOON!
Have a great week!