10/7-10/12 TheatreCHS Newsletter
Update Update Update!!! Hope everyone has enjoyed the weekend.
TheatreCHS has a lot going on, but I will try to be brief— YEAH RIGHT, no.. really.
- WE HAD A VERY SUCCESSFUL COSTUMING RUMMAGE AT UVA THIS PAST WEEKEND! Students Laura Holt and Claire LeBlond brought back to CHS 3 racks full of donations to the Department. This is really HUGE news! I can’t wait for everyone to see what they found– but to make a long story short, we can start planning the next 5 years of shows!
- Danny Wagner was celebrated at the PCA Rising Star Event this past Friday! Congratulations, Danny!
- Rehearsals for Women and War go into “tech” starting 10/10 (Thursday) of this week. For this week, there will be NO late night rehearsals however EVERYONE on crew and cast MUST be there for rehearsals. PLEASE remember that Hotel Reservations would also require your remaining payment if you only submitted the 60 dollar registration fee.
- Beginning Oct 14th, rehearsals will have dinner breaks, and likely will go until 8:00 PM if needed. (signup genius link:) www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F0C44ACA922A20-women
- Parent Booster Meeting 10/10/2013 (6:00 PM)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO CHAPERONE A TRIP THIS MONTH?Let me know! We could still use a few more!the VTA/VHSL One-Act festival season has become very popular amongst the students.This year over 40 students will be participating!OTHER BLACK BOX PROJECTS/FUND RAISER OPPORTUNITIES:Intro to Drama students will be producing a school-wide haunted ghost story house on Wednesday, October 30th. The idea is that proceeds from this event can also serve to fund future trips for students. PARENTS OF INTRO TO DRAMA STUDENTS, WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN ASSISTING WITH THIS? IT WOULD BE A GREAT WAY TO GET INVOLVED AND ALSO GET TO KNOW ME BETTER.GETTING THE DRAMA ON STAGEAs a new incentive for performance diversity and self expression, I am developing with our new librarian Kelly Kroese, a slam night also known as “NO SHAME” which I would like to have on a monthly basis occurring in the black box theater. Of course, there are ground rules, but I feel like this would be a terrific way for students to create, sing, act, dance, paint, show their film projects, etc. My advanced acting class is going to be spearheading this endeavor, but again, if you are interested in assisting with this, please let me know!Here are the highlights of the week: 10/7-10/11Monday: 10/7
- Women and War Rehearsal– All Call (3:45-6:00) ALL CALLTuesday: 10/8
- Eurydice Rehearsal 3:45-6:00 PMWednesday: 10/9
- Women and War Rehearsal– All Call (3:45-6:00) CUE-TO-CUE 3:45-5:00 RUN THROUGH 5:00-6:00 PMThursday: 10/10
- Women and War Rehearsal– All Call (3:45-6:00) RUN THROUGH TWICEFriday: 9/27
- Women and War Rehearsal 3:45-6:00MORE TRIP INFO FOR ONE-ACTPlease see the Rehearsal Calendar for extended dates/rehearsals. http://www.
google.com/calendar/embed?src= davidmalachi%40gmail.com&ctz= America/New_YorkTech week will be from Oct 11-18th (Rehearsals CAN go until 8:00 PM on these nights, and dinner will be provided)Balance of trip fees due Oct 4. In most cases the amount is $140.00 (Checks made out to TheatreCHS)Intro to DramaPuppet Shows Monday — TuesdayTechnical Theater IStudents continue to work out some of the continued challenges introduced by the One-Act set design.Technical Theater II-IIIEurydice set designing continues.Musical Theater Ensemble:Students meet in PAC this week to run/work first scenes in Act IC’ville PlayersMonologue Work Continues Monday! Stunning Video Projects have already been submitted! Can’t wait to see the video projects this week!Senior VTA students should plan on performing monologues for critique!Film Projects screened on Friday!Have a great week!Mr. Becker