TheatreCHS Newsletter 2/23-3/1 *(Build Day This Saturday)*
Dear Parents, Students, and Friends,
UPDATES AND UPCOMING….
Wonderful things happening all around us. Sweeney Todd is trucking along, great assistance with the set continues.
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!
CIA (Charlottesville Improv Alliance) 8:00 AM
IMPROV…. It is back! It happens this FRIDAY MORNING AT 8:00 AM
Feb 28th 7:00 PM BLACK BOX
TECH WEEK DINNERS ARE BACK!
Sign-up Genius Link is Below:
There is a lot going on, and most everyone in the program is aware of this— always good to touch base and email me if you have any questions about what your son/daughter is supposed to be working on in their classes, and making sure that they are reviewing.
For parents of the cast of Sweeney Todd, make sure that they are reviewing their music and practicing nightly.
HOW TO GET TICKETS RESERVED
www.theatreCHS.org the link now takes you directly to the reservation prompt.
Also, feel free to email the box office if you are interested in placing an ad or reserving tickets for upcoming shows.
Sweeney Todd performances begin on March 20th (as an invitational dress) and continue from March 21-23 FRI, SATURDAY evening 7:30 PM and 3:00 PM on SUNDAY for a Matinee.
Sweeney Todd Photos, DVDs and more! Courtesy of Aggie Craft:
Nicholas Bajis Photography will photograph and Silver Streak Media will film Sweeney Todd. Details for each:
- The photo CDs are a fundraiser. The price for each CD is $20. For every CD sold, $10 will come back to Theatre CHS. The photos Nick took for Les Miserables were beautiful. There were about 300 total which included both the stage and pit. Orders can be placed via our Google form: http://tinyurl.com/
- Silver Streak Media is available to record the show. Due to copyright laws, we can film for archival purposes only. This means each student can get a copy; however, no money can be made from the DVDs. Expenses for filming will be $450 plus the cost for 120 blank DVDs – about $500 total. Last year, we were fortunate in that one parent covered this expense. This year, we are asking for donations. Every dollar helps! You can pledge your donation on the following form: http://tinyurl.com/
- Aggie Craft is our contact for photography and filming. Contact Aggie with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-249-5735.
Other Theatre CHS News:
- If you are interested in assisting with future fundraising events, please let me know. It is always nice to sell baked goods as well as have student representatives.
- T-Shirts/Bake Sale/ Money Making Incentives— We are planning on having a bit more outward publicity with this year’s Sweeney Todd show, this means that we would also like to recoup the cost, if you are interested in helping with this, please let me know! As always, Thank you!
- Questions about courses for next year? Visit www.theatreCHS.org and click on the “Classes” menu.
- Summer time is rapidly approaching, as are deadlines for summer theater/technical theater programs in and around the area. Want to meet with me and discuss options? Let me know!
- We are in immediate need of parents who would like to assist with costuming, backstage crew, weekend builds, prop finding, etc. for our upcoming amazing TheatreCHS production of Sweeney Todd. This is a really wonderful way to get involved not only in the spirit of the production, but in the community of what it is that we do in the theater Department. It really is a lot of fun! If you are interested, please email me and let me know!
Remember, that if you aren’t using it yet, www.TheatreCHS.org is a tremendous utility for information regarding rehearsals, reserving tickets, and finding out information about programing. Students are encouraged to access the page so that they can receive updates for their classwork. Also, please add us on twitter if you haven’t done so already @theatreCHS
Also like us on FaceBook!
THIS WEEK’S SWEENEY TODD REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
WARDROBE AND PROPS!
- There are a great many specific food related props, and if anyone has connections with baking companies in town, we could get a win/win out of catering as well as props assistance.
- Old ropes, old looking anything really. Looking for old baking appliances, wooden rolling pins, butcher blocks. Anything Cast IronCALLING ALL ARTISTS! THE BACKDROP HAS ARRIVED!
- We are in need of painters for this show! There will likely be several drops that will be in need of painting. Anyone interested in detailed painting of backdrops, please let me know!
- AV/TECH assistance. The musical pit is going to be placed behind the performers this year— this will mean that certain video rigging needs to be set up so that actors can see the conductor’s cues.
- Projector/AV assistance. There will be projections in the show!CLASSES:Tech IBuilding the Set! Lots of painting and Set dressing can happen. Legs for the pie shop, design of Oven, Asylum, Drops, props
LOAD IN DAY IS MARCH 2
MTESpring Revue Song Learning/Ensemble NumbersTech II/IIIContinuing to Build the set! LOAD IN DAY IS MARCH 2Intro Period 4Scenes from a movie, and for a camera.
Intro Period 6
Scenes from a movie, and for a camera.
C’ville Players No Shame Next no Shame —-Feb 25 NEW PROJECT ASSIGNED. LATE WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE END OF THIS WEEK.
Thanks for reading!Mr. Becker
Charlottesville High School Theater Department
1400 Melbourne Rd.
Charlottesville, VA 22901