Happy almost MAY!
Here is a list of important dates, news, and other important theatre info:
FOR TECH STUDENTS:
It is your responsibility to achieve a minimum of 10 lab hours for the year.
Here are three more ways to receive hours:
- May 16-17 Dessert Theatre (Ushering) Etc.
- May 21 MTE Revue 7:00 PM Black Box (Assist with Sets/Lights)
- May 23 End of Year One-Acts (Assist with tech for One-Act Performances)
HAPPENING ON MONDAY: 4/28
Intro to Drama Students will Audition for One-Act Plays!
Remember that this is the final exam requirement for Intro to Drama.
Auditions begin promptly after school at 3:45 and will go no later than 5:30
What you need to know
- Projects are student directed.
- There are 11 projects being produced this year.
- Every Intro to Drama student is required to be in at least one production.
- Cast lists should be posted by tomorrow evening.
- Students will be setting up rehearsal schedules based on audition application sheet.
- Conflicts that arise will be preventable if students make the effort to indicate conflicts on audition application form to the best of their abilities.
- Many rehearsals can happen during A or B lunches depending on cast
- Directors, you will have roughly three weeks to pull your piece together.
- Exam rubrics will be given to directors and actors serving to provide additional criteria and reminders related to acting and directing techniques.
- Students in C’ville Players are REQUIRED to direct/co-direct a scene for Intro to Drama.
- Students in Intro to Drama will be fulfilling their exam grade by participating in these projects.
Final Performances: May 23 @ 7:00 PM
Awards Banquet Schedule:
7:00 PM Introduction of One-Act Directors
7:05-8:30 PM One-Act Plays
8:30 Presentation of Awards
9:00 Go Home!
HAPPENING ON MONDAY: 4/28
Hosted by Scottie Wardell
RESERVE TICKETS PLEASE EMAIL
VIP Table Seats $8.00
General Admission $5.00
The Musical Theatre Ensemble Class will be performing their End-of-Semester Revue in May as well. Here is more information:
- Performances will occur on WEDNESDAY, May 21 @ 7:00 PM and Thursday May 22 (hopefully during school) for an invited assembly. Performances will be in the BLACK BOX.
INTERNATIONAL THESPIAN SOCIETY
Students will need to complete thespian forms by the end of this month if they are interested in being inducted into the International Thespian Society. Here is more information:
The International Thespian Society (ITS) is the Educational Theatre Association’s student honorary organization. ITS recognizes the achievements of high school and middle school theatre students. Since 1929, EdTA has inducted more than 2 million Thespians into ITS. That number continues to grow, with more than 36,000 students from around the country being inducted each year.
For information about eligibility please visit the following link:
Students wil/mayl be inducted during the awards assembly on Fri. May 23 @ 7:00 PM during awards banquet.
**All of TheatreCHS is expected to attend the awards banquet and One-Act Festival**
Tech Theatre students will be working on Dessert Theatre Sets, End of Year One Act Sets, or the Musical Theatre Revue.
SAVE THE DATES:
- 3:45 PM Auditions For End-of-Year One-Act Festival
- 7:00 PM “No Shame”
May 16-17 Dessert Theatre
- MTE Auditions 2014-2015,
- MTE Musical Revue Performance (7:00 pm black box )
May 22 MTE Musical Revue DAY Performance (Invited School Performance)
May 23 7:00 PM Awards Banquet, Thespian Induction, One-Act Play Festival
May 24 Saturday MTE Revue 7:00 PM
If you ordered a photo CD and have not sent payment yet, please send cash or check made payable to Theatre CHS. Nick Bajis is currenlty working on the CDs. It’s just a matter of creating the copies now. We can’t wait to see the full collection of photos. We will have brought in $300 for TheatreCHS once the final CDs are paid for!
Summer Opportunities Continue
Adam Liston the Production manager at AshLawn Opera is very interested in creating opportunities for students who may have interest in working on tech for this summer at Ash Lawn. Needed: Costumers, dressers, makeup artists, props assistance, and more. Students, please let me know if you are interested in this amazing and terrific opportunity for growth in all areas of performing arts. Great exposure!
TV COMMERCIAL ACTORS NEEDED
The NEWSPLEX is working on an ad for Safe Teen Driving initiative. They are looking for at least 7 teens of different genders and ethnicities to act in a teen driving scene for one PSA.
Their concept is three very short scenarios with a voiceover explaining the dangers of distracted driving.
Happening in Classes This Week:
Intro to Drama
Comedy Sketch Presentations for Wednesday
Rehearsal and Blocking for Revue (Only 3 weeks until we open)
Dessert Theatre structural set must be completed by May 2nd
Tech Theatre II/III
Students will be given end-of-year assignments
One-Act play, MTE revue, Dessert Theatre Sets
Poster Design/Ticket Design for Dessert Theatre Due Friday
Comedic Skit/One-Act Composition.
- No Shame April 28th 7:00 PM
- End-of-Year Auditions April 28th (mandatory)
- VHSL One-Act Plays Begin to bring your favorites to class.
- Student Written plays submissions (rough drafts are fine) due by MAY 20
Thats all for now!
Thanks for reading, and see you tomorrow!