TheatreCHS Newsletter 5/5-5/10
- A very special thanks to Karen and John McGrath for hosting a glorious cast party this weekend. It was a joy to see everyone enjoying the festivities of Sweeney Todd’s reunion.
- Congrats on a nicely attended beautiful No-Shame on Friday! Great job, Scottie!
- The End-of-year One-Act Plays have been Cast! Thanks to all for taking the time on Monday to audition!
- CAST LIST IS ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL
- Student Directors are to be notifying student actors to keep them informed of rehearsal scheduling. It is the responsibility of the directors to arrange the times necessary to insure the success of each production.
- Intro to Drama performers are expected to attend every rehearsal meeting unless there is a conflict prohibiting this.
Two theatre courses will be benefiting from weighted classes– see attached:
- Rising Seniors enrolled in C’ville Players III or Technical Theatre III will be eligible to receive the weighted credit.
Here is a list of important dates, news, and other important theatre info:
- May 16-17 Dessert Theatre (Ushering) Etc.
- May 21 MTE Revue 7:00 PM Black Box (Assist with Sets/Lights)
- May 23 End of Year One-Acts (Assist with tech for One-Act Performances)
- Show Dates are May 16 and 17 with two shows on Saturday the 17th.
- FOR REHEARSAL AND TECH INFO firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performances will occur on WEDNESDAY, May 21 @ 7:00 PM and Thursday May 22 (hopefully during school) for an invited assembly. Performances will be in the BLACK BOX.
The International Thespian Society (ITS) is the Educational Theatre Association’s student honorary organization. ITS recognizes the achievements of high school and middle school theatre students. Since 1929, EdTA has inducted more than 2 million Thespians into ITS. That number continues to grow, with more than 36,000 students from around the country being inducted each year.
- 3:45 PM Auditions For End-of-Year One-Act Festival
- 7:00 PM “No Shame”
- MTE Auditions 2014-2015,
- MTE Musical Revue Performance (7:00 pm black box )
Adam Liston the Production manager at AshLawn Opera is very interested in creating opportunities for students who may have interest in working on tech for this summer at Ash Lawn. Needed: Costumers, dressers, makeup artists, props assistance, and more. Students, please let me know if you are interested in this amazing and terrific opportunity for growth in all areas of performing arts. Great exposure!
- End-of-Year Auditions April 28th (mandatory)
- VHSL One-Act Plays Begin to bring your favorites to class.
- Student Written plays submissions (rough drafts are fine) due by MAY 20